August 16, 2009

State of the Blog

I recently attended a seminar on reader's workshop where the presenter, Frank Serafini (love him!), said something that stuck with me. I am paraphrasing here, but it was along the lines of if we are to be teachers of literacy in today's age, we ourselves must be literate in ALL the ways our students are/will be literate. That is, we need to not only read literature - for ourselves, for our students - but we need to read websites and blogs and tweets and all the rest. And furthermore, we should be posting on websites and blogging on blogs and tweeting on twitter! This forced me to remember that once upon a time I had, in fact, started a blog that I promptly dropped when life got busy...
So here it is! All out of order, posts moved from the old blogger site to this one, reformatted and thrown into disarray without any bells and whistles. My thoughts on children's books, as I read them.

No comments: